e-Frame European Framework for Measuring Progress
Workshop on Intangible Assets
2-3 May 2013
Organised by ZEW, the Workshop on Intangible Assets (WP2, deliverable 2.4), will be held on 2-3 May 2013 in ZEW premises, Mannheim, Germany.
The workshop will address the following points:
- refine the measure of GDP to account for non-market activities, publicly provided services, and quality improvements based on existing, standardized, and easily accessible data; propose the required methods appropriate for the task;
- improve definitions and measurement of intangibles, and assess their private and social values; develop a quantification scheme to complement the GDP measure;
- develop methods to measure intangible assets in cooperation with national statistical offices (NSOs) to guarantee feasibility of data collection;
- enhance cooperation and provide coordination between several statistical authorities to preserve international comparison valuation scheme;
- compare standard GDP measure with an augmented and refined GDP measure for sensitivity analysis.
Deadline for contribution: 31 March 2013.
For further information please see the flyer below and contact Mr Jan Hogrefe (HOGREFE@zew.de)